Spatial Map


                                      Title: Par-tee Time(golf course aerial view)  

                                              Materials: Wood, Pastels and Ink.
                                            
                                This Spatial map is supposed to be representing an aerial view of a golf course I grew up on up north. The piece is square to show the amount of space I was allowed to use in our back yard. My brother and I were not allowed to go on the golf course during the day. The piece is colorful to represent the colorful childhood I had. This house will always be a sentimental place for me, full of memories galore and old friendships I had to leave to start a new chapter in my life in Florida for college. The yellow represents the sun. The blue represents our house and the water. The green represents the grass. The red represents the flags and the white represents the golf balls. The circles emphasize the movement of what the golf course looks like as an aerial view as well as living in a cul-de-sac. In the center of the circles are holes. These represent where the flags would go in the golf course. Not having flags, makes the piece complete the idea that I do not feel complete until I am home. I have many chapters(flags) to venture through in life that I have not gotten to yet. The piece is layered to express how complex life can be but also how rewarding it is because it builds on something worth while. The background was splashed with different colors of ink to betray the decisions we make in life are permanent and we can only learn from them. 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hair-A Natural History Of The Senses

The Soap Carving Assignment